Over the next 6 years, our project team will work to address the following research questions/objectives:
1. To evaluate the degree of uptake and utilization of evidence-based research through the use of pocket tools by practitioners, policy makers and by the public, including seniors and their families;
2. To evaluate which implementation strategies (foldout pocket tools or digital applications of tools) are used by seniors, their caregivers and professionals groups;
3. To evaluate how different user groups apply the evidence in aging according to instrumental, conceptual and symbolic use;
4. To evaluate the degree of influence the knowledge mobilization tools have on older adults, their families, practitioners and policy makers by method of delivery;
5. To modify and disseminate the tools according to the research;
6. To engage, train and retain a new generation of students in knowledge transfer research and gerontology in Canada.